To register a Commercial vehicle in NY State or Countrywide Commercial insurance, you must have the State issued automobile liability insurance coverage. If you do not maintain the coverage, the DMV can suspend your vehicle registration and your driver licenses also.
Pursuant to Section 4-01(b) of the NY City Traffic Rules, the Commercial vehicle Insurance in NY is defined as the following:
For the purposes of parking, standing and stopping rules, a vehicle shall not be deemed a commercial vehicle or a truck unless:
• it bears commercial plates, and
• it is permanently altered by having all seats and seat fittings, except the front seats, removed to facilitate the transportation of property, except that for vehicles designed with a passenger cab and a cargo area separated by a partition, the seating capacity within the cab shall not be considered in determining whether the vehicle is properly altered; and
• it displays the registrant's name and addresses permanently affixed in characters at least three inches high on both sides of the vehicle, with such display being in a color contrasting with that of the vehicle and placed approximately midway vertically on doors or side panels.
New York law requires that you have auto liability insurance coverage. The minimum amount of liability coverage is -
• $10,000 for property damage for a single accident
• $25,000 for bodily injury and $50,000 for death for a person involved in an accident
• $50,000 for bodily injury and $100,000 for death for two or more people in an accident
Your liability insurance coverage must remain in effect while the registration is valid, even if you don’t use the vehicle.
New York State insurance coverage, issued by a company licensed by the NYS Department of Financial Services and certified by NYS DMV - out-of-state insurance is never acceptable, the Insurance policy will be issued in the name of the vehicle registrant, and remain in the name of the registrant at all times.
Focal Point Insurance is here to facilitate you the best, just Click to Get a Quote.