INSURANCE in New York – Selling is serving, We just want to help others to find Unique solutions, Just we here to impacting lives positively with passion and full of integrity with our team of Focal Point Insurance in NY | NJ. Because of “Insurance business is about to do promises and win the valuable trust. It is all about delivering to the customer in times of need and if this cannot be imbibed in a professional neither him/her nor the industry and we Insurance Company or Agency will succeed.” We welcome you to get free quote of Insurance…
Focal Point Insurance Agency is not selling the insurance only, by this we are just caring you with own Passion.
Next Future Steps…
Focal Point insurance agency was founded by Mr.Karamvir Bajwa in 2015.
We’ve transformed from a small insurance office covering just 1 county in the state of New York to a vast, US-wide company. Now our every step will be toward your satisfaction through our services and our devoted Team to give you decent feel about this whole Industry (With all products- Personal Insurance, Commercial Insurance, TLC Insurance, Insurance in New York and New Jersey, etc) And we need’s your support on every step to achieve our future target to give you best and hassle-free service forever as well as get free quotes on any insurance.
New York State Insurance Requirements: (Ask Your Self)
Do I need insurance? Yes. To register a vehicle in New York State you must have New York State issued automobile liability insurance coverage. If you do not maintain the coverage, the DMV can suspend your vehicle registration and your driver license.
What kind of insurance do I need? New York law requires that you have auto liability insurance coverage. The minimum amount of liability coverage is
- $10,000 for property damage for a single accident
- $25,000 for bodily injury and $50,000 for death for a person involved in an accident
- $50,000 for bodily injury and $100,000 for death for two or more people in an accident
Your liability insurance coverage must
- Remain in effect while the registration is valid, even if you don’t use the vehicle (there are exceptions for motorcycles).
- Be New York State insurance coverage, issued by a company licensed by the NYS Department of Financial Services and certified by NYS DMV – out-of-state insurance is never
- Be issued in the name of the vehicle registrant, and remain in the name of the registrant at all times.
The New York State Department of Financial Services website has more information about liability insurance and insurance companies licensed in New York: http://www.dfs.ny.gov.
Do I need insurance to register my vehicle? Yes. The DMV requires auto liability insurance to register a vehicle in New York. When you get insurance, your insurance company will issue proof of insurance in two ways. It will
- give you two original NYS Insurance ID Cards or provide you with access to your digital electronic NYS Insurance ID Card.
- send an electronic notice of insurance coverage to the DMV (your insurance agent or broker cannot file this notice)
Your NYS Insurance Identification Cards and the electronic notice of insurance together verify your insurance coverage. We need both.
You must register your vehicle at the DMV within 180 days of the effective date on your insurance ID card. Bring one copy or form of your Insurance Identification Cards with you. The DMV office will keep the paper card. Keep the other paper card with the vehicle as your proof of insurance. Anyone operating your vehicle must be able to provide proof of insurance while they are operating the vehicle.
Does the name on my vehicle registration application and Insurance Identification Card need to be the same?
Yes. Your insurance cards must have the same name as the name on your vehicle registration application.
Will the DMV accept copies or faxes of my Insurance Identification Card?
Yes. However, the DMV will not accept a card if the DMV barcode reader cannot read (scan) the barcode.
Does the DMV accept any out-of-state insurance documents?
No. We will never accept out-of-state vehicle insurance coverage of any type. If your vehicle is registered in New York, it must have New York State auto liability insurance coverage.